1951 Swing coat pattern in 96 cm/ 37.8" bust
This is an amazingly versatile coat. The collar has a striking silhouette when worn folded up behind the neck. The original sketches show the design worn as a hip length swing-back coat with lots of flare (red). Another two examples show the coat worn at mid-calf length, and with two different versions for wearing the belt. The original description emphasises that the coat should be worn with a slim skirt to enhance the contrasting design lines.
Available in one original size
96 cm (37.8”)
78 cm (31”)
102 cm (40.2”)
- 1.5 cm (5/8”) seam allowances
- Original pattern notations in German and English
- Guide with written instructions in English and german
- Additional lining and facing pieces included
- Links to additional sewing references in our online library
- Printed on 40-GSM semi-transparent paper
Search by size
Within each category there is a new FILTER feature. Select the filter in the top right corner of the category, then the sizes that are available in it will appear. Select the tick boxes alongside the sizes you want to view. Uncheck the tick boxes to return to see all items or to re-select a different size.
The main size groups are:
- 88 cm (34.6") and below
- 90 - 92 cm (~35" -36")
- 96 cm (37.8")
- 100 - 102 cm (~39-40")
- 104 cm (41")
- 108 cm (42.5")
- 112 cm (44")
- 120 cm (47.2")
Cart is empty.