1953 Swimsuit PDF pattern in 102 cm/40.2" bust
Swimsuit pattern from 1953. This one-piece swimsuit features three gathered front panels. The back and side panels are shirred with elastic thread, therefore enabling the swimsuit to comfortably shape itself on the body. Attached underneath is a front pant. Yes, that really is Doris Day modelling the swimsuit!
Available in one original size
102 cm (40.2”)
82 cm (32.3”)
110 cm (43.4”)
- 1.5 cm (5/8”) seam allowances
- Original annotations on the pattern pieces are in German and English
- Written sewing instructions in English only
- Links to additional sewing references in our online library
- Printing formats: A0, A4 and Letter papers.
Link to a description of our pattern format.
Search by size
Within each category there is a new FILTER feature. Select the filter in the top right corner of the category, then the sizes that are available in it will appear. Select the tick boxes alongside the sizes you want to view. Uncheck the tick boxes to return to see all items or to re-select a different size.
The main size groups are:
- 88 cm (34.6") and below
- 90 - 92 cm (~35" -36")
- 96 cm (37.8")
- 100 - 102 cm (~39-40")
- 104 cm (41")
- 108 cm (42.5")
- 112 cm (44")
- 120 cm (47.2")
Cart is empty.